We know that SEO and other traffic-building efforts are valuable and necessary elements of online marketing for homebuilders, but if your website is failing to convert this traffic into leads, you’re wasting your precious marketing dollars.
When it comes to websites, image and design is everything. A well-designed (and optimized) website establishes your credibility to potential home-shoppers and creates an engaging experience that keeps them on your website longer, which helps increase the chances that they’ll convert into a lead. Take a look at your website and ask yourself the following questions:
- Can visitors find relevant content immediately?
- Am I cramming too much content on a page?
- Are the calls-to-action easy to see and understand? Do your calls-to-action even exist?
- Are you providing a compelling reason for a potential home buyer to give you their information?
- Is your homebuilder website visually appealing and engaging? Does that translate to a pleasant mobile experience?
If the answer to any or all of these questions is “No,” it’s time to turn your focus to improving your website design and increasing your online conversions.
Don’t downplay the importance of great web design; it requires a broad range of skill sets including custom and strategic design, motion design, interactivity, information design, usability, functionality, and technology. You need something more than “template solutions” like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla are able to offer.
Implementing thoughtful strategies to these questions will help boost website visitors’ perception of your brand and new homes. We have identified four primary conversion points to turn visitors into leads on a homebuilder website:
- Request Information – consists of both quick sign-ups for the home buyer who is in a hurry and a full registration form that your sales team will love.
- My Saved Homes – shoppers create an account to save/store recently viewed or customized plans, homes and/or neighborhoods.
- Realtor Sign-Up – gives outside brokers an easy and secure way to register their clients.
- Promotions and Promotional landing pages – sometimes home buyers need a little incentive to share their contact information. Company promotions and custom landing pages are just the ticket to encourage conversions.
Let us help you create a unique and effective homebuilder website that will turn your website into your top conversion tool.